A colourful idea for a summer salad. This zingy and colourful fennel and orange salad dressed with a Manuka Honey and Mustard Vinaigrette is a really refreshing salad with nice crunchy textures. I got given a fennel bulb and was tasked with making something with it. There are alternate ways to dress this salad and chose to make a honey mustard vinaigrette which gives it a slight sweetness and a nice kick. The Italians like to dress this salad very simply with just some olive oil and lemon juice.
You can serve this as a side salad or make it for a summer BBQ party.
Fennel and Orange Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 fennel bulb or as many as you like for the number of people to serve
- 1 orange
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 tbsp Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Manuka Honey
- 1 clove garlic optional crushed
- Salt and Pepper
- Slice the fennel thinly
- Peel the orange and cut the flesh in segments. Some people like to just cut the orange into circles but this is not very nice for eating.
- Put all the ingredients for the dressing in a jam jar and shake well.
- Dress the salad when you are ready to serve.
The rape seed oil and cider vinegar was supplied by Sainsbury