Don’t just cook your steaks and chicken wings on the BBQ without any added flavours. You can greatly enhance the flavours by adding either a spice rub or a BBQ marinade.
I tried some of these Glorious BBQ sauces for a simple variation to barbecue steak. I used the Korean BBQ flavour sauce as a marinade for the steak and served it with a Korean Spring Onion salad.
It’s a spicy zingy way to eat BBQ steak.
Since there are 3 BBQ flavours I used the other 2 flavours to make BBQ chicken wings.
Korean BBQ beef lettuce wraps
- 2 pieces of rump steak
- 1 tub of glorious Korean BBQ sauce
- One iceberg lettuce wash the leaves ready for wrapping
- some red chilli for garnish
Spring onion salad
- a bunch of spring onions slice thinly.
- 1 tbso soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp Korean chilli flakes
- sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Marinate the steak in a few tablespoons of the BBQ sauce in a bowl.
- Cling film the bowl and leave the steak to marinade on the fridge for at least an hour
- Meanwhile, make the spring onion salad.
- Thinly slice the spring onions and add the seasoning. Mix well.
- Remove the steak at least 10 minutes before cooking
- Heat a frying pan on a high heat. Add a bit of cold pressed rapeseed oil to the pan.
- Cook each side of the steak on the hot pan to the doneness you want. I like it a bit pink in the middle.
- Reduce the marinade to use as a sauce. Adjust seasoning to your own liking.
- Slice the steak into thin strips across the grain.
- Serve all the elements separately for everyone to assemble themselves.
- Get a lettuce leaf and fill generously with steak, a bit of the marinade and top with some of the spring onion salad.
Very Easy BBQ chicken Wings
The BBQ sauces come in three flavours. I used the Carolina BBQ (with mustard) and Tennesse Chilli BBQ sauces on some chicken wings. I used a few tablespoons of the sauce to totally coat the wings. Then left them to marinade in the fridge for an hour. The wings were then roasted in the oven for 40 minutes but you can always cook them on a BBQ instead. Keep basting with the sauce as you cook, if on the BBQ.
These BBQ sauces are available in the chilled shelves in your local supermarket.
This recipe was done in collaboration with Glorious Foods.