When get an invitation to an event with this title, it immediately makes you think that it will be a meat fest, with mounds of juicy steak and other meaty delights.
It was in fact an immersive dinner show created by New Yorker Kate March. The show has been showcased in Hong Kong, Sydney and Berlin. It is about women’s empowerment, positively exploring women’s bodies and not to see women and pieces of meat.
Guests are seated on long banquet tables, with the dancers performing on the tables between course. The lights are low and the music throbbing. You do really get up close and personal with the dancers. The 5 dancers crawl along the tables, contort, do headstands and more. The dance is not to invite you to ogle their bodies but it does make you a bit uncomfortable or intrigued.
The accompanying meaty menu designed by Chavdar Todorov, Steven Estevez and the PopCo team.
- Salt baked potato, yeast beurre noisette, crisp pancetta
- Seared carpaccio of dry aged tender beef, thai salad
- Braised mutton shoulder, sweet garden peas and spearnint, dehydtrted feta, charred wild garlic.
- Melt in the mouth rare breed pig cheeks oyster with 2 types of lentils
- 70% Guanaja choclate and oilve oil ganache, sesame ash, coconut bacon flakes and vanilla smoed salt, served in an ashtray
Apologies for the red hued images, due to the lighting at the venue.
For a night of innovative entertainment and a creative 6 course menu, it’s definitely a night out to remember. An evening of meat is on until 22 April 2018. Tickets from £35.
You can get more details and book your tickets here: https://www.thevaults.london/an-evening-of-meat
EatCookExplore was a guest at this event.