This is my new favourite snacky quick recipe for chicken wings. It just needs a quick marinade, then baked. That’s all you need for a tray of sticky, garlicky chicken wings.
You end up with some moreish, deliciously sticky garlicky chicken wings. Great for having with a few drinks while watching football, tennis, golf. Or just because you fancy some fuss-free finger food. My American friends love to use this recipe for their Superbowl parties.
Give it a go. This is the kind of recipe that is really easy and quite forgiving. You can’t really go wrong. Just keep an eye on the last 10 minutes that the wings don’t burn as different oven cook at different rates/heat.
Honey Garlic Baked Chicken Wings
- 20 pieces of chicken wings separate wings and little drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed rapeseed oil or olive oil
- Honey Garlic Sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves finely chopped or crushed
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp chilli flakes optional
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 190°C/ Gas Mark 5/375°F
- Line a baking tray with foil and arrange the wings on the tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, 15 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients in a small pan. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and keep simmering about 5 minutes until the sauce has reduced to a syrupy consistency. Taste the sauce to adjust seasonings.
- Remove the wings from the oven, coat all the wings with the sauce evenly and return to the oven for another 10 minutes. Watch that it doesn't burn. Check one piece to make sure that the juices run clear and there are no pink bits in the middle of the wing.
- Remove from the oven to cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools too.
- Serve as is or with a bowl of chilli dipping sauce.
Pin for Later!