I had a fun catch up with James Ramsden at his home when I went lunch the other day. He cooked a a Spanish Tortilla using Feta Cheese, Pea, herbs and Lurpak Cooking Mist and you can find a recipe for this below.
This is a very versatile egg recipe where you can add any ingredients that you have at home. The recipe below is a version with broad beans but for this lunch, James made one with feta cheese, inspired by his recent trip to Greece.
We talked about how he has developed several recipes using this new Lurpak product and this was one of those dishes. The Cooking Mist is a light oil spray which is good for using in a frying pan when you want to cook with less oil or it can be used to spray onto meat and vegetables to glaze or baste when you are doing some roasting. The Cooking Mist is made with rapeseed oil and butter, so it has a higher heating point than plain butter. Not unlike the Lurpak Cooking Liquid which I used in another recipe.
We talked about his cook books, he has another new cook book in pipeline, so look out for that.
James Ramsden's Tortilla with new potatoes, broad beans and spring onions
- 200 g new potatoes sliced
- Lurpak® Cooking Mist
- 4 spring onions thinly sliced
- 100 g podded broad beans
- 6 large eggs well beaten
- 100 g feta cheese
- A handful of fresh parsley finely chopped
- Mint to garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Simmer the potatoes in a pan of salted water for 5 minutes until softened. Drain and shake dry. Add a few squirts of Lurpak® Cooking Mist to a small frying pan and add the spring onions and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and fry, shaking occasionally, until lightly coloured.
- Add the broad beans and toss for a minute or so until starting to tenderise, then add the eggs, feta and parsley. Cook for 6 minutes until set on the bottom. Spritz with Lurpak® Cooking Mist and put under the grill. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes until set and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with mint, and serve.
I’m quite impressed with the Lurpak Cooking Mist as it’s really versatile. Cooking sprays is something I have been looking for in the UK and used to buy something similar from the US. Cooking sprays have been widely used in the US as a way of using less oil when cooking healthier dishes. There are so many other ways to use this product and you can find more recipes using the Cooking Mist here : http://www.lurpak.co.uk/uk/our-products/cooks-range/cooking-mist/
EatCookExplore was a guest of Lurpak.