This Salmon Rillettes recipe is quick and easy recipe and perfect as a starter for a dinner part. Serve with your choice of toasted bread.
This is one of the recipes we learnt from Paul Merrett at the Total Greek Masterclass.
Fresh and Smoked Salmon Rillette
- 2 tablespoon of TOTAL Greek Yoghurt Classic (2% can also be used)
- 200 g of fresh salmon
- ½ lemon juiced
- 60 g of diced and softened unsalted butter
- 1 dessert spoon of fresh dill chopped
- 2 teaspoons of horseradish relish
- 75 g of smoked salmon
- Wholemeal bread for toast
- Place the fresh salmon in a small oven proof baking dish and wet the salmon with a dessert spoon of water.
- Cover the dish with foil and put it in an oven at 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 for about 6 minutes.
- When the salmon is cool, flake it into a bowl.
- Add the yoghurt, lemon juice, the softened butter (microwave), dill and horseradish – but don’t mix it all yet.
- Shred up the smoked salmon into strips and add this to the bowl.
- Finally add a twist of black pepper and then gently fold and mix everything together taking care not to break it all down to a mush.
- When everything is thoroughly combined, put into a serving dish and chill it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Serve with hot brown toast.
You can find more recipes that Paul created for the campaign using Total Greek here .