If you are hosting some teetotal friend for the festive parties, here is an easy mocktail recipe using Teisseire syrups that you can make that will impress your guests. For this cocktail, I used the zero sugar Passion Fruit Syrup to make a frozen granita. The intense flavours are no different to the full sugar syrups. These zero sugar syrups makes delicious drinks and low sugar and calories too.
As this recipe involves making a frozen granita, there are so many ways you can use this. If you didn’t want to use this recipe for a cocktail, you can use it as a posh palate cleanser between courses or use it as a pre dessert too. Go wild with all the flavours available. There are endless possibilites. Here are some ideas:
- Using the caramel and coffee to make a frozen espresso martini
- Using elderflower syrup to make a granita to go with a pannacotta or other desserts. (I have been inspired by watching Masterchef the Professionals).
Teisseire is a drinks brand that everyone in France knows. They have been making fruit based drinks for over 200 years starting with a cherry liquer. In the 50s, they invented the lightweight metal bottle as they wanted a lightweight container for cyclists. Today, they have a range of fruit based syrups for making drinks and cocktails. All the syrups are made from natural fruit juices which tastes just like the real thing.
Over the years, Teisseire have been adding more and more flavours like cassis, mint, hazelnut and caramel. The caramel is a fantastic one to add to coffee or to make unusual cocktails using whisky or brandy. You can use the syrups to make hot or cold drinks. My favourite is the lemon syrup which makes a lovley refreshing lemonde. My new favourite is the Peach syrup which is great added to tea to make peach ice tea. You can see all the flavours here.
A festive fruity mocktail cocktail recipe.
lemon cordial with some water
- 6 tbsp Teisseire sugar free passion fruit cordial
- 3 tbsp Teisseire lemon cordial
- 1 tbsp Teisseire grenadine cordial
- cold water to taste
- Mix some Teisseire Sugar free passion fruit cordial with a dash of lemon cordial with some coldwater. Taste for level of required sweetness.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours to make a granita.
- While it is freezing, occassionnally take out the container and use a fork to flake the ice. You don't want to end up with a solid block of ice.
- Prepare a couple of decorative cocktail glasses and some slices of lemon or fruit.
- To serve, put a dash of the Teisseire grenadine syrup at the bottom for that delicious red colour.
- Top each glass with generous scoops of the frozen passion fruit granita.
- To make it alcoholic, add your favourite spirit to the granita before putting it in the glass.
- Garnish with slices of lemon, fruit or a cocktail umbrella if you fancy.
- You can serve it like a frozen margarita.
This recipe was created in collaboration with Teisseire.