After spending a few hours at L’atelier des Chefs cooking with these Tefal Ingenio pans, we got to give these Tefal Ingenio pans quite a thorough test on induction hobs.
The Tefal Ingenio range of pans is really versatile. You can use them on the stove top or you can even use them in the oven. If you are making a roast, you can brown the meat in the pan on the stove and then put that same pan in the oven. Quick, simple and less washing up.
Design wise, these pans look smart and modern and are quite unique as they come with a detachable handle. The benefit of this is saving space with storage when you can stack all the pans neatly. We used a few different sizes to cook out Indian meal. I was not sure about how the handles worked but after clipping them on and off the pans we were cooking with, it proved to be sturdy and strong, even when the pan was full of food. You won’t have to worry about the handle falling off when you have hot food in the pan.
Top reasons to buy Tefal Ingenio Cookware
- Multiple sizes of pans for your needs. You have shallow frying pans that you can use to make omelettes or fry bacon. My personal favourite is the big deeper pan where there is a lot of space. You can cook a stir fry without all the food falling out of the pan.
- Clever, click on, click off removable heat proof bakelite handles which come with a 10 year guarantee.
- The set comes with lids too which is very handy when you want to cook using the steam from cooking. Also handy to use when you want to store the food in the fridge after.
- Easy to store as you can stack them neatly in your drawers or shelves as they don’t have handles. Perfect if you like things neat and tidy and don’t have much storage space.
- Stove to oven cooking with just one pan. You just need to detach the handles when you put the pan in the oven.
- You can serve the food in the pan straight to the table
- If you have leftovers, you can just put the whole pan in the fridge and as the handles come off, they will fit on any shelf.
- These pans use Tefal’s proprietary non-stick technology. On certain models of these pans, it use their Titanium coating which is where you can use metal implements without worrying about scratching the non stick surface. And this comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- All the pans have their famous Thermo-spot technology, which tells you when the pan is at the optimal cooking heat when the dot is red.
- They work on induction hobs.
- Heats up quickly, cooks evenly and cools quickly too.
- These pans and accessories are easy to clean, either by hand with just a sponge and soap and water or in a dishwasher.
- The pans are not too heavy, not as heavy as cast iron cookware but heavier than a generic supermarket brand non stick pan.
One issue is that the lids have silicon handles and are fine to use on top of the stove but they can’t go in the oven. You will need to use foil if you need a cover for the food that you are going to cook in the oven.The lid design could be improved as the vent is in the wrong place to allow easy draining of food.
The largest pan in the set is a 28cm wok which might not be big enough if you are cooking for a big family. I tend to use my Tefal non-stick wok for bigger servings.
The Tefal Ingenio 13 Piece Set includes: 16cm & 20cm saucepans, 22cm & 28cm frying pans, 24cm sautepan, 26cm wok, 16cm, 20cm & 24cm glass lids, 16cm & 20cm plastic lids + 2 removable handles.
Cooking lessons at L’atelier des chefs
You can use this 10% Off promo code, valid for their 60min, 90min and 2hr classes TEFAL10.
EatCookExplore was a guest of Tefal at L’atelier des Chefs