This is a very simple version of tandoori chicken that you can make in a jiffy. You start it off on the stove top and you finish cooking in the oven. Or if you prefer, finish it on the barbecue for that extra charred flavour.
It doesn’t take long to prepare if you have the ingredients available at home. It does get quite messy when you skewer the chicken pieces though but might be a fun group activity if you are cooking with friends.
You can make this recipe as a starter or a main course or even as one of the many meat dishes to serve at a barbecue. We served this with a Karahi Okra and Potato curry with some home made roti.
This recipe is from L’atelier de s Chefs cooking school where we recently did a class cooking on the fabulous Tefal Ingenio Cookware with detachable handles. They are quite a unique design for cooking pans. You can read my full review of them here.
Tandoori Chicken Skewers
- Paprika : 2 Tsp
- Coriander seeds : 1 Tsp
- Dried red chilli s : 1 Tsp
- Cumin seed s : 2 Tsp
- Ground turmeric : 1 Tsp
- Fennel seed s : 1 Tsp
- Ground ginger : 1 Tsp
- Ground cinnamon : 1 Tsp
- Greek yogurt : 200 g
- Chicken breast s (150g) - skinless : 6 whole
- Maldon salt : 3 pinch es
- Lemon s : 1 whole
- Set the oven to 220 deg celcius.
- Dice the chicken breast into 3-4 cm squares.
- Toast the whole spices, cool and grind in a mortar and pestle add to the dried ingredients.
- Fold through the yoghurt, season with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.Stir the diced chicken through the marinade and leave to marinate for as long as possible(preferably 6 hours) thread onto bamboo or metal skewers.
- Caramelize the skewers in large pan over high heat transfer into the oven for approximately 8-10 minutes, until the meat is firm.
- Brown the chicken in a pan Place the whole pan in the oven to finish cooking.
If you want to take some cooking lessons at L’atelier, use the TEFAL10 coupon code for a 10% discount.
Eat Cook Explore was a guest of Tefal at L’atelier des Chefs