If you are always looking for ways to add more vegetables to your diet, add this Malaysian Vegetable Curry recipe to your repertoire. It is simple and very versatile. You can use any vegetables you have in your fridge or just follow the recipe here.
If you need to add some protein to the curry, you can add some tofu, edmame beans or even chicken. The spice paste will work with any of this.
Top tip: If you’ve made this once and like it, make a bigger batch. After you have cooked it out to the stage before you add the vegetable, you can freeze portions to cook later. It will be like your own ready meal but much tastier.
Save this recipe. Pin This!
Anti Inflammatory Malaysian vegetable curry
- 10 long red chilies adjust for your heat level
- 8 shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch of fresh turmeric
- 1 inch of galangal cut into small pieces for blending
- 1 inch of ginger
- 2 stalks of lemongrass cut into short 2cm lengths for blending or the stringy parts will wrap around the blade
- 3 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 bunch french beans
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 carrots
- White cabbage
- 2 pieces of fried firm tofu if preferred
- 1 can coconut milk
- some fish sauce
- 1 tsp of sugar
- some chilli and coriander to garnish
- salt to taste
- Blend all the spice paste ingredients with a bit of water and set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables by cutting it all into bite size pieces.
- Fry the spice paste, on medium heat, in a little cooking oil until fragrant. About 10 minutes. Keep stirring to prevent burning.
- If you want to add some tofu to this dish to make it a one dish meal, lightly pan fry the tofu in a medium frying pan first.
- Add all the vegetables and coat in the spice paste.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Add the tofu now if you are using it.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Season with some fish sauce and the sugar.
- Garnish with some slices of red chilli and sprigs of corainder.
- Serve with plain boiled basmati or jasmine rice.
Thanks to Barfoots for supplying the ingredients.