Skinny kitchen’s menu is filled with top to toe with mouth-watering tasty food – minus the “nasties”. From protein bowls to charcoal buns you can be sure that your body won’t be hating you after indulging in the all the creative food the restaurant has to offer. They say they serve decadent food, Skinnyfied. Their menu is meant to suit people on all sorts of diets, from SmartPoints, gluten-free, 5:2, paleo, keto and more.
The restaurant’s interiors transports you to the beaches of Ibiza, reflecting on the origins of this restaurant. Immersed in plants, colourful lighting and electric music to match the creative, clean and healthy food. The menu is vast, serving everything from detox juices and protein shakes to black mojitos (Barcelo, platinum rum, mint, activated charcoal lime soda, brown sugar). Whatever time of day you choose to come to the Skinny Kitchen, whether its breakfast, lunch or dinner, you can be sure there will be something to your taste.
The crispy avocado tortilla is light yet filling, ideal for a post-workout snack, and the Halloumi fries are perfectly cooked accompanied with BBQ sauce. If you are a fan of a little spice, go for the coconut curry topped with kale, spinach and broccoli. The chicken satay burger is definitely a must with its charcoal bun stuffed with Asian slaw and coated in satay sauce.
Vegan? Gluten-free? Skinny Kitchen’s wide-ranging menu can cater to all of your dietary requirements.The menu is not restricted to one type of cuisine. It seems to have picked a selection of global favourites like burgers and tacos and created a highly flavoured skinny version.
We treated ourselves to one of the desserts from the vegan section. The chocolate brownie covered in chocolate was divine and the salted caramel granola was a perfect palette cleanser.
- Chicken Satay Burger: Chicken, satay sauce, Asian slaw, onion, lettuce, siracha, charcoal bun.
- Coconut curry: Cod or Falafael coconut curry, sweet potato, ale, spinach, broccoli, peas, quinoa, spring onions, fresh chilli.
- Chocolate brownie: Chocolate brownie with strawberry and chocolate sauce.
- Crispy Avacado Taco: Crispy avacado, siracha mayonnaise, pineapple, salsa and mayonnaise.
- Green detox (left): Kale, spinach, apple, cucumber ginger, Black mojito (right): Barcelo, platinum rum, mint, activated charcoal lime soda, brown sugar
Post gym, Sunday morning brunch or a dinner date, there is never a bad time to indulge (guilt-free of course!) at the Skinny Restaurant in Islington. We thoroughly indulged and left feeling deliciously nourished.
52 Upper St,
EatCookExplore was a guest of Skinny Kitchen