To celebrate Thai New Year or Songkran, I was sent some Thai curry sauces. Using the red curry kit, I made a quick and easy Thai Red Curry Noodles with Vegetables.
It’s not difficult to make your own Thai red curry paste but sometimes you just don’t have time. I always have a pack of curry paste in the fridge, ready for that quick meal.
I use the red curry paste to make beef curry, chicken curry, vegetable curry and even use it to make a spicy Thai fried rice. It’s quite a versatile curry paste.
Thai Vegetable Curry Noodles
This cooking kit comes with a pack of curry paste, some coconut milk and some dried herbs. Following the instructions on the pack, I made the vegetable curry. The pack suggests using sirloin steak but I used lots of different vegetables instead and served it on rice noodles instead of rice not unlike a Malaysian Laksa.
I always have some rice noodles in store cupboard. For this dish, let’s call it Thai Laksa, I used some pad thai noodles. You can use any type of noodles for this, even spaghetti. Just feel free to freestyle.
It’s so quick and easy to cook, even novice cooks can do this. It took me less than 30 minutes to make a really delicious bowl of spicy vegetable curry noodles.
Easy weeknight supper- Red Curry Vegetable Noodles
- 1 Thai red curry kit
- 200 g of vegetables or meat sliced
- Rice noodles
- Fish sauce
- wedge of lime
- red chillies for garnish
- Soak rice noodles in hot water for 10 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, fry the curry paste in a little bit of oil.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut milk and stir.
- Slice any vegetables or meat that you want to add. Add this to the curry.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and simmer for a few minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Season with fish sauce or salt.
- Serve noodles in a bowl and pour over the curry.
- Garnish with the chilli and a wedge of lime.
- Serve hot.
Thai Taste supplied me with the curry kit to make this recipe.