Updated May 2021
Note This post includes links to affiliate programmes where I might generate a moderate affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. https://amzn.to/34H9ZCg
Your love of cooking changes when you either find a new recipe or ingredient you love or in this case, a piece of kitchen equipment that is so versatile and easy to use. Introducing the Ninja Foodi 7 -in1 Multi Cooker. It has been touted as the only kitchen appliance you need. Replacing the slow cooker, air fryer and single purpose pressure cooker. This is fabulous as kitchens in London flats are not that big and we don’t have all the counter space for multiple appliances.
At this masterclass with Nadia Sawalha and the Ninja Kitchen trainer, we made a few delicious recipes whilst trying out various functions of this must-have piece of kit.
We made a perfectly moist and golden roast chicken in just 40 minutes. The Ninja Foodi is not just a pressure cooker, it is a multi-cooker with the addition of a “Tender crisper”, an inter-changeable grilling lid that will crisp and brown food. With this lid, it extends the number of recipes you can make with this kitchen appliance. You can read reviews of the Ninja Foodie on Amazon.
The Ninja Foodi has easy touch screen instructions and a digital screen which shows you the timing for each step.
How to roast a chicken in a Ninja Foodi
Herb Roasted Chicken in 40 Minutes with Ninja Foodi
- 1 whole fresh uncooked chicken 2.25kg-2.5kg
- 60 ml lemon juice, juice of 2 lemons
- 60 ml hot water
- 60 ml honey
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- Remove packet of giblets, if included in cavity of the chicken. Tie legs together with cooking twine.
- In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, hot water, honey, and 1 tablespoon salt. Pour mixture into the pot. Place whole peppercorns, thyme, and garlic in the pot.
- Place chicken into the Cook & Crisp Basket and place basket in pot.
- Assemble the pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to high (HI). Set time to 22 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, quick release any remaining pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Brush chicken with vegetable oil or spray with cooking spray. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Close the crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 200°C, and set time to 15 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin (check cooking halfway through). Cook until the desired level of crispness is reached, adding up to 10 additional minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Cooking is complete when the internal temperature reaches 75°C.
- Remove chicken from basket using the Ninja roast lifters (or 2 large serving forks).
The Ninja Foodi 6 l multi-cooker is available on Amazon.